Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The marketing team helps drive the MailChimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. The MailChimp Marketing Operations team helps to provide strategic and administrative guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions through effective analysis.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing analytics pro to lead and build the new marketing analytics function for the MailChimp marketing team.
Role Mission: Lead the marketing analytics function for MailChimp - providing valuable insights, recommendations, and data analysis that directly impacts marketing investments and drives revenue.
- Develop and maintain ongoing reporting and programmatic reporting based upon organizational needs and goals
- Work with the marketing leadership, finance, research, product, and data science teams to build marketing KPIs and goals
- Assist the marketing leadership team with prioritizing, assigning, and understanding the impact of programs, campaigns, and marketing investments
- Assist in budget development based upon program performance and organizational goals
- Implement and manage marketing analytics tools and software as necessary
- Develop and manage ongoing and programmatic marketing dashboards
- Continuous communication of overall marketing performance to marketing leadership team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong ability to analyze quantitative data and provide actionable recommendations
- Determine marketing program effectiveness, ROI, and assist with pipeline forecasting
- Collaborate with different teams throughout the company to drive alignment and serve as one of the primary contacts for marketing performance, measurement, and reporting
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and marketing team members
- Manage a team of experienced professionals
- Work with external agencies to ensure data integrity and needs are met
- 8 to 12 years of experience in marketing analytics, data analysis, marketing, or related field
- BA or BS in finance, marketing, business management, statistics, or related field
- Experience managing teams
- Strong understanding of marketing programs and strategies
- Proficiency with analytics tools and software
- Ability to evaluate, coordinate and prioritize requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong organization, problem solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the B2B space
- Experience in the technology space is preferred
- Experience in a global organization is preferred
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Bonus points for advanced degree