Ops Education Lead
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure and tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our datacenters. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward.
We understand that the value added by a "10x engineer" is largely in the training, mentorship, and documentation they provide to their teammates. We're looking for an Operations Education Lead to facilitate this spread of knowledge.
Our ideal candidate is able to help technical experts shape curricula, find and distribute cloistered information, and cultivate educational skills in others.
- Identify knowledge gaps to target within the Operations department
- Design materials for facilitated and self-service learning
- Create materials independently
- Guide creation of materials by subject matter experts
- Present in-person training
- Contribute to technical onboarding process
- Train and support engineers on effective curriculum development, coaching and training
- Strong drive to solve problems
- Experience collaborating with, and/or training of technical staff
- Demonstrated experience in adult education
- Ability to quickly learn the basics of new technologies
- Experience developing technical curricula as a non-expert
- Ability to provide critical feedback
- Networking and relationship-building skills
- Experience with Puppet, ElasticSearch, or Docker/Kubernetes a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.