Network Engineer Intern Fall 2017
MailChimp is the world's leading marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to connect with customers, build brands, and sell more stuff. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, advertising, automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The MailChimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 4 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the MailChimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
MailChimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure and tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our datacenters. The network teams work within Ops to design, build and maintain a secure and reliable network across multiple corporate offices and data centers. Rapid growth and changes in technology present a constant challenge so they are looking for someone to help secure and maintain the network. The ideal candidate will have solid networking foundation, especially around firewalls and network security. Knowledge of Python and network automation is a plus.
- Help standardize the config of our Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Networks firewalls
- Analyze network traffic patterns using ExtraHop, and other tools, and collaborate with other engineers to further improve our environment
- Help implement new Cisco ISE nodes
- Update network drawings and documentation
- Basic understanding of computer networking (switching, routing, etc)
- Familiarity with Linux (CentOS a plus)
- Familiarity with Visio and wikis would be a plus
- Python a plus but not required
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We hire humble, creative, and independent people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. Keeping our people happy is serious business!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.