Director of Design
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp Design is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team comprised of product, web, UX, visual, and motion designers. We work with just about every team from product to brand to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like MailChimp.
Our design team is looking for a passionate and influential leader to join our team as the Director of Design, focused on marketing. The ideal person is a team promoter, mentor, people manager and advocate of design culture. You have a strong creative design background and experience developing marketing campaigns.
- Lead the brand and product marketing design teams
- Partner with cross functional directors to prioritize and schedule marketing projects
- Provide career guidance and mentorship to a growing team of designers and managers
- Staff, communicate and deliver marketing design projects
- Help recruit exceptional individual contributors and cultivate future design leaders
- Enlist external contractors, freelancers and agencies to assist with projects
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles
- Extensive experience leading design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Knowledge and experience around Scrum/Agile design and development process
- Ample experience as a hands on designer
- BA/BS degree in design, design and research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.