Director of Product Management
Department: Product Management
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Product Management team at MailChimp is focused on successfully meeting the needs of our customers by ensuring what we build and when we build it is done so in a way that provides the most value to the market while aligning with MailChimp’s strategy
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to manage the team of Product Managers and helps set the scope and schedule of each product effort at MailChimp. This person will work cross-functionally with leadership from Research, Marketing, Support, Development, and other departments to ensure the successful build and release of MailChimp’s current and future products.
- Understand MailChimp’s Product strategy and make sure that the scope and schedule of each product effort at MailChimp meets these needs and aligns with the overall product roadmap
- Hiring, developing, and retaining a team of talented Product Managers
- Participate in regular customer visits and work closely with the Director of Research to ensure Product Management is eating, sleeping, and breathing the latest customer perspective
- Work with Research to identify, prioritize, and scope the appropriate research needs for roadmap decisions and project proposals
- Manage a team of Product Managers tasked with leading the product teams to make decisions that ensure the feasibility, viability, and marketability of each product being built
- Establish metrics that help to assess product usage and success. The Director will use these metrics to hold their Product Managers accountable, particularly urging their Product Managers to work with Marketing to get creative with how they might drive adoption of their particular area of the application
- Continually refine what Product Management is at MailChimp
- Collaborate with their peers on the Engineering, Research, Project Management, QA, Support, KB, and Marketing teams to staff projects appropriately each cycle. This means assigning the appropriate Product Managers to projects based on the needs of that project and the unique skills each PM brings to the team.
- Work with the VP of Product Management to edit and update the MailChimp product roadmap
- Manage our R&D/Prototype efforts with internal and external partners
- Assist in assembling proposals for future projects, which senior leaders will prioritize and green light for development
- Proven track record (7+ years experience) of leading a Product Management team responsible for successfully delivering SaaS products at scale
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with senior leaders across multiple departments and functions
- Ability to manage competing priorities while balancing the needs of our customers to the needs of MailChimp’s long-term strategy
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and quick changing environment
- Significant experience successfully collecting and transforming business requirements and market needs into a successful product strategy
- Comfortable working on a strategic level with senior leadership and also on a tactical level with product teams
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and a technical background in Engineering is a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.