Customer Support Manager
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Customer Support Management team provides coaching, feedback and guidance to Customer Support Technicians in order to best support our users’ unique needs as well as contribute to team-wide goals and initiatives. Customer Support Managers play a critical role in the department’s vision of “Earning Trust, Empowering People, and Exceeding Expectations.”
We’re looking for a Customer Support Manager to join our team! Our ideal candidate has demonstrated success managing customer-facing 24/7 support teams. This role will have a significant, direct impact on MailChimp’s customer experience and broader impact on company operations. This person will report to a Senior Customer Support Manager and work collectively with other members of the Customer Support Manager group on larger department wide initiatives.
- Lead a group of 8-12 front-line Customer Support Technicians responsible for addressing customer requests according to team-wide performance standards and practices
- Act as an escalation point for direct reports for guidance and support in handling difficult or ambiguous issues that may arise
- Set clear and challenging goals for direct reports that support department-wide initiatives and hold team members accountable for performance
- Communicate and collaborate comfortably with co-workers across all levels, functions, and jobs to meet shared team objectives
- Work with the Senior Support Leadership team to perform quarterly and yearly goal planning
- Encourage personal development for direct reports
- Participate in a management on-call rotation
- 3+ years experience leading technical or advanced customer support teams
- Demonstrated achievement delivering results in a support environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at multiple levels of the organization
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters are in historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. This position will work from our office in the Means Street Historic District on Atlanta's Westside. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.