Test Engineering Manager
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp seeks a Test Engineering Manager who can help our team of test engineers design and develop a robust automation system. Automated tests that support our QA team and give product engineers confidence are critical to the successful release of MailChimp’s products.
Our Test Engineering Manager will focus on automation programs and how they improve the quality of development across Operations and Engineering. You’ll work collaboratively across departments supporting infrastructure, implementation, and ongoing improvements to our automation framework. You’ll also help shape the growth of the existing team while cultivating a culture of exploration and learning.
- Provides a clear and direct process for our test engineering team to collaborate across departments and prioritize their workload.
- Collaborate with Product, Operations, Support, and QA teams to build tooling and documentation that helps reduce overhead in our development process.
- Watches for areas to improve with our tooling and maintains existing software.
- Engage with testing community to bring ideas and innovation to the team.
- Recruit, onboard, manage, and retain a team of Test Engineers
- Commitment to exemplary code quality.
- Must have a deep understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Advanced proficiency in one or more core programming languages (Java, Ruby, or PHP), related frameworks and best practices.
- The ability to make technical decisions, review design and code while ensuring best technical practices.
- Willingness to embrace iterative development as the means for building seamless products/tools.
- Exceptional ability to effectively motivate and manage teams of individuals.
- Commitment to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously automating parts of the software engineering process.
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite (JIRA, HipChat, Confluence)
- 2-3 years experience
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.