Data Science Manager
Data Science Manager
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Data Science team builds applications that make sense of the data created by MailChimp’s millions of users. By using predictive analytics and big data technologies we help MailChimp fight spam and empower small businesses with information. We work closely with MailChimp’s Development and Operations teams to make analytical insights actionable within our infrastructure.
MailChimp is looking for a Data Science Manager to help our Data Science team turn research into production-ready services. The ideal candidate will be focused on enabling our team of data scientists and engineers to do their best work. You will help distill product requirements and direction into well-defined topics for research and implementation. You will work closely with Product Management to identify and refine opportunities for data-driven features. You will understand techniques and technologies sufficiently to provide valuable direction and insight, but you will prefer enabling team members, rather than solving problems yourself.
- Lead a team of talented data scientists and engineers working on a variety of problems at scale
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the team
- Provide continuous feedback, recognize individual strengths, and address issues as needed for your team members.
- Promote continuous improvement of the team's code, architecture, and processes
- Collaborate with product managers, application engineers, and others to define the vision for data science at MailChimp
- Build cross-functional relationships with product managers, application engineers, and others to understand and support data requirements
- Drive data quality throughout the company
- Work closely with the recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science or related fields
- Experience managing and scaling 5-20 person teams
- Project management skills
- Experience with any of the following is desirable:
- Python and associated data science ecosystem
- Machine Learning
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.