Department: Product Management
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The MailChimp Research team helps the company understand the people we're designing for, what motivates them, and where our apps fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We’re organized into three core specializations—Competitor, Customer, and UX Research—and we use surveys, interviews, customer visits, usability tests, and other methods to study small businesses, our products, and the marketplace. Our research plays a vital role in prioritizing product decisions, guiding feature development, and designing the customer experience.
We’re looking for a Research Coordinator to join our team. This role will be tasked with helping researchers find and schedule the right small business marketers to participate in our interviews, usability tests, and other research projects. He or she will also help with project setup, closeout, organization, and documentation. The ideal candidate is exceptionally organized, an extremely proactive self-starter, and comfortable adjusting to shifting plans and schedules. In addition, he or she must be an outstanding communicator and have excellent customer service skills. The role will be fast-paced, impactful, and challenging (at times)—but never, ever boring!
- Handle research participant recruiting, screening, scheduling, and other communication.
- Maintain a database of research participants for the various types of studies we do and work with data researchers to pull up-to-date recruiting lists.
- Book and arrange rooms or facilities (either at MailChimp or off-site) for research and presentations.
- Assist researchers with preparing materials and equipment for research projects (e.g. create participant profile or travel logistics documents, charging recording equipment or testing devices).
- Coordinate with our research vendors (like external recruiting agencies and secondary market research suppliers) and research tools (like our booking/scheduling and conferencing software).
- Assist researchers in “closing out” research projects (send compensation and thank yous to participants, transcribe interview notes, log participants in a master list, etc.).
- Help maintain the overall organization of our research artifacts (notes, recordings, spreadsheets, deliverables, etc.).
- Occasionally serve as notetaker for research or in-office events, like Customer Panels.
- Occasionally assist with proofreading documents and testing surveys.
- Outstanding communicator—particularly in writing (you’ll be emailing a lot of customers), but also on the phone
- Proactive self-starter, able to identify gaps and opportunities to create more efficient processes
- Reliable, with a high level of follow-through—you must be able to finish what you start—even if no one is looking over your shoulder
- Able to balance a number of activities/requests and quickly shift focus from one task to another throughout the day
- At ease in customer-facing roles—friendly, personable, helpful
- Strong collaboration skills—you’ll be working with all of the researchers on our team
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- A willingness to establish a baseline understanding of user research
- Previous experience in recruiting and/or customer service is a huge plus
- Bonus points for experience with CRM
- Bonus points for research experience