Site Director (Brooklyn)
Location: Brooklyn, NY
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We're seeking an engineering leader to become Site Director for our new Brooklyn office. This team will start out with an engineering focus, but over time you will help it grow to include multiple, cross-functional product development teams. We want you to take on making the office a great place to work as well as a great extension of everything MailChimp strives to be as a company.
You will be responsible for recruiting and developing a team that not only continues our mission of building amazing products that empower small businesses, but also aligns with MailChimp’s core values of humility, creativity, and independence. You will have tremendous support from our headquarters in Atlanta, as well as our other new office in Oakland, CA. We see these locations as the first steps towards a new level of scale for our company and what we'll be able to accomplish. We'll be able to work with people we otherwise wouldn't have a chance to, and we'll draw in talent that expands our capabilities and the depth of our experience. Part of reaching those goals is having strong leadership in each office, and that’s where you come in.
- Experience growing an engaged, motivated and healthy culture in an engineering/product development organization
- Experience collaborating with and communicating strategic initiatives to C-level, VP, management and individual contributors
- Proven success hiring highly talented product development staff
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion and a history of creating teams and environments that are inclusive
- A history of developing and sponsoring people you have managed, such that their careers advance and accelerate
- Experience with complex project management, overseeing product and operational needs, executing plans and deliverables
- Experience with cross-organizational planning and structuring of teams
- Ideally, experience managing a distributed team or environment
- Ability to partner with our Product Senior Leadership team to align the engineering teams in Brooklyn with Atlanta, Oakland and our overall roadmap
- Empowering team members through technical mentoring and personal development
- Helping scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Recruiting and hiring a diverse team of engineers that align with MailChimp’s values
- Embracing and demonstrating our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Ensuring that MailChimp’s Brooklyn location becomes a solid corporate citizen to the local community
MailChimp is a founder-owned, profitable, private company. We love New York and are happy to have a small but growing office in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn. We're within three blocks of 10 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, A, B, C, G, Q, R), across the street from Junior's, a block from the Dekalb Market Hall, and a few blocks from Fort Greene Park.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.