MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Accounting team at MailChimp is responsible for all accounting and financial operations for MailChimp.
We are looking for a Tax Manager to support our domestic/international operations. This role will work closely with our tax consultants and internal departments to build efficient processes and comply with global regulations. The ideal candidate will have experience in an international digital e-commerce environment.
- Advising on tax matters and collaborating closely with internal legal and finance departments as well as external consultants and tax preparers
- Keeping abreast of federal, state, international, indirect, local and other transaction tax laws and regulations
- Developing and maintaining strong system and tax software knowledge
- Participating in special projects, including system-related implementations impacting tax compliance
- Collecting, auditing data and preparing returns
- Assisting third parties with preparation of tax returns and tax credit calculations
- Tracking deadlines of all filings
- Performing various research projects and studies
- Supporting continuous process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years experience in state sales, use and VAT tax, within both a corporate environment and a public accounting or consulting firm
- Strong SALT knowledge
- High proficiency with data analysis and advanced knowledge of spreadsheets
- Analytical ability to provide suggestions and alternatives to complex scenarios
- CPA and /or Masters of Science in Taxation a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.