Software Engineer, Tooling (Internal)
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure and tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our datacenters. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward.
Changing fast is tough without the right tools. We're looking for a Software Engineer to help make doing things the right way the easiest way. The ideal candidate is a self-directed, experienced programmer who enjoys making coworkers happier and more productive by eliminating toil.
- Listen hard for friction within and between various teams
- Use existing tools and technologies where possible
- Build, maintain, and improve modular applications to solve problems at hand
- Scope and prioritize work
- Market tools internally to drive adoption
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Strong drive to identify and solve proximate cause of problems
- Demonstrated experience planning and building greenfield applications
- Willingness to use Go or Python
- Experience with Linux and/or Kubernetes a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.