Manager, Marketing Analytics
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp is seeking a Manager of Marketing Analytics focused on Media Optimization & Analysis that will enable better decision making and thought processes of leadership. This person will be responsible for developing and managing analytical projects and solutions to support marketing business decisions including how MailChimp’s marketing budget should be allocated. This manager will be responsible for establishing analytics approaches and quantitative models that will result in actionable insights. This will include leading the effort to build marketing spend optimization solutions, analysis and predictions around marketing campaign performance, and more. In addition, this individual will manage large scale analytical projects and processes offering quantitative insights and recommendations.
- Lead analysis around marketing campaign effectiveness measurement, marketing attribution, marketing mix modeling, and customer lifecycle analysis providing insights that will empower future marketing decisions
- Develop framework covering data collection processes, model development and maintenance, communication to key stakeholders, and internal deliverables
- Interface with various internal business teams as a part of process to provide analytics solutions
- Access, prepare, and analyze data to support internal clients
- Prepare written analyses and present findings, recommendations, and insights to internal and external clients
- Create queries and processes (SQL, SAS, R, etc.) to develop analyses in response to inquiries from internal customers
- Provide advanced statistical support, including but not limited to regression, clustering and segmentation, forecasting, goodness-of-fit, and factors
- Lead, mentor, and grow team members responsible for analytical solutions to enable better decisions by leadership
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an Analytics function with digital experience a plus
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Research, Information Systems, Engineering or Business
- Experience in regression, correlation, clustering, driver analysis, data modeling, goodness of fit, and other statistical procedures
- Experience with forecasting and media mix modeling
- Strong working knowledge of analytics tools such as SAS, R, Python, SPSS, etc. and SQL
- Must have strong technical and analytical skills, with acute attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to translate business questions and needs into technical projects and specifications
- Ability to clearly translate technical data into a framework and language that internal clients can understand
- Ability to clearly communicate and persuasively present data and conclusions in an organized manner to a wide variety of audiences, up to and including Executive management
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and influence team members and business counterparts
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.