Marketing Intern Summer 2018
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The MailChimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 4 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the MailChimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
The Partnerships team is a key driver in supporting the relationships that help build our business. We manage strategic partnerships like Facebook, Instagram, Google, Shopify and Woo Commerce for the company. We are also building out the framework and marketing tools for our global MailChimp partner community that consists of digital marketing agencies, freelancers, and more. We’re looking for a summer intern who can help us grow our global partner community.
This role involves a variety of administrative and marketing tasks to develop our partnership program. Our ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, organizational prowess, curiosity, and willingness to learn are key.
- Manage Partnerships Inbox by communicating with our partners and potential partners
- Review and process partner applications
- Contribute to developing/writing content for partnership marketing collateral (blogs, webinars, newsletters, etc)
- Facilitate/coordinate team presentations (Slides/Power Point)
- Organize and manage content/resources needed by the Partnership team
- Event/Conference planning, attendance and support as needed
- CRM maintenance and Sysomos reporting & analysis (tool used for social listening)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google apps, especially Docs, Sheets and Calendar
- Basic understanding of email marketing and other marketing functions
- Bonus points for experience working with a CRM (Salesforce, etc)
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
- Ability to multi-task
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for full-time employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline.
If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.