Senior Manager, Systems
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure and tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our datacenters. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager in Systems to help us grow the team as the company grows. The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with experience in transforming teams to handle the stair step growth that comes with a rapidly expanding company. This person needs to embody the company motto of “Listen Hard, Change Fast”, have a desire to constantly improve things (processes, technology, team structure), and be willing to challenge status quo.
- Collaborate with Product, Operations, Support, and QA teams to build tooling/infrastructure and documentation that helps meets the needs of those departments both today and tomorrow
- Identify areas to improve, collaborate with the team to create and implement plans to improve, and maintain existing software and hardware.
- Engage with Systems Engineering community to bring ideas and innovation to the team.
- Provide a clear and direct process for our Systems Engineering team to collaborate across departments and prioritize their workload.
- Collaborate with peers and Directors to ensure the organizational structure is a help, and not a hindrance, to getting work done.
- Collaborate with engineers and managers to help define their career path through challenging growth opportunities.
- Continually explore innovative business practices and determine fit for team and company.
- Recruit, onboard, manage and retain a team of managers and Systems Engineers
- Commitment to exemplary work quality.
- Must have a deep understanding of Systems Engineering - hardware, OS, application deployment, application scaling, monitoring, etc.
- The ability to make technical decisions, review design and code while ensuring best technical practices.
- Willingness to embrace iterative cycles as the means for building seamless products/tools.
- Exceptional ability to effectively motivate and manage managers and teams of individuals.
- Commitment to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.