Technical Writing Manager
Department: Support Ops
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Technical Content team is made up of writers, editors, and content strategists who maintain our public Knowledge Base, edit in-app microcopy, and work with email designers to craft transactional email copy. We collaborate across teams at MailChimp to create the best documentation so our users can become digital marketing experts.
We are looking for a Technical Writing Manager to join our team. You are a skilled and empathetic people manager who's passionate about helping users succeed. You also enjoy cross-team collaboration and work to build strong teams and great products. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Manage a team of writers
- Work with other Technical Content team leadership to define team goals, identify staffing needs, and assign writers to projects
- Liaise with writing teams across MailChimp to ensure brand consistency
- Coordinate with other teams, increase efficiency, and maintain open communication between departments
- Review and improve feedback loops with Support team to improve content
- Work with writers to improve feedback loops with project teams
- Work closely with Content Strategy team to identify opportunities for content improvement
- Onboard and train new writers
- Proven management experience in a technical environment
- Comfortable collaborating with staff at any level of the organization
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Excels at cross-team collaboration and building relationships
- Experience with managing and prioritizing projects independently
- Comfortable working on new, changing, and fast-paced projects
- Experience with technical writing a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.