Data Software Engineer Intern Spring 2018
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The MailChimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 4 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the MailChimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! Our spring internship has flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the full of week of onboarding, January 2, 2018 - January 5, 2018.
We send around 1 billion emails and handle 300 million pageviews a day, generating a heap of data. We're looking for an intern to create systems and products that use all of that data. You'll help assist analyzing data and building predictive models. You’ll need to collaborate closely with data scientists and developers to provide tools and features for our more than 14 million users. You’ll be allowed—even required—to be creative in your work.
- A demonstrable ability to write code in any language. Python, R, Scala, Java, Ruby, PHP, C, C++
- Experience working with external APIs
- Code samples or links to source repositories are preferred
- Passion for working with data
- Prefer experience working with a data store or storage solution (We use Hadoop/Hive, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, MySQL, and others.)
- Ability to learn and work independently as well as communicate progress and expected milestones
- Coursework or school projects or relevant experience in probability & statistics, linear algebra, or machine learning
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. Keeping our people happy is serious business!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.