Manager, Marketing Analytics (Platform & Governance)
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp is seeking a Digital Analytics Platform & Governance Manager to guide analysts and business stakeholders to make the most impactful use of digital analytics through implementation, tagging, and governance. This person will play a critical role in building, enhancing, and maintaining a world-class digital analytics technology platform to assist in the actionable analysis of MailChimp’s customer experience and customer behaviors across our digital ecosystem. This role requires extensive hands on experience and expertise with Google Analytics tools (GA, GTM, Tag Implementation, BigQuery, etc). Specific experience in developing measurement plans and tagging strategies as well as having the ability to QA tags for digital analytics is required.
- Work with key marketing & product stakeholders to understand the evolving business objectives in order to develop the appropriate measurement plan and tagging strategy
- Lead the implementation of the digital analytics tagging effort for website kick-offs, redesigns, and campaign launches with Google Analytics
- Perform data quality audits, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and implement fixes
- Provide thought leadership to data collection and ways to standardize across a global environment
- Establish governance and best practices for Google Analytics implementation
- Lead GTM instrumentation across MailChimp
- Provide support to analysts in the best practices of extracting data from the Google Analytics platform
- Perform platform administration duties to support Google Analytics users
- Guide teams through the measurement strategy process to construct appropriate KPIs
- Lead the effort around digital analytics data consumption and governance to other internal systems
- 7+ years of experience leading digital analytics platform deployments; preferably Google Analytics 360 Suite
- Experience developing digital measurement plans and leading Google Analytics tagging and platform implementations required
- Ability to develop strong collaborative partnerships with business stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of SQL a plus
- Ability to distill, translate, and communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to QA and test tagging; preferred ability to create automated QA and testing solutions
- Experience creating analyses and providing insights to drive business decisions
- Experience with Google BigQuery, Data Studio, and Datalab a plus
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Research, Information Systems, Engineering or Business
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.