Software Engineer (Oakland)
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
You are an engineer whose work shows that you excel at learning. You enjoy jumping into technologies and codebases that are new to you to build features and solve challenging problems. You are proud of your ability to write clean, clear code that is easy for others to understand and work with. You are opinionated about your development tools (e.g. git) and you know how to use them. You have benefited from the help of more experienced engineers, and you care about sharing what you are learning with your teammates. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping code: you are a great teammate that knows how to communicate with all your project's stakeholders in order to provide great software that keeps your users happy.
What you'll do:
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient code for the MailChimp application
- Share expertise with Development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Work independently with minimal supervision
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- You help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- You are passioniate for building great web applications and thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We love Oakland and are happy to have a small but growing office right next to Lake Merritt, a quick two blocks from the 19th St. Oakland BART stop. The heart of Uptown Oakland offers a ton of great restaurants and activities, including the Great Western Power Company climbing gym, Fairyland for the kiddos, and the always-awesome Friday nights at the Oakland Museum of California.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.