MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure and tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our datacenters. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward.
MailChimp is seeking a performance engineer to join our infrastructure team. We operate in a high volume environment and are growing rapidly, adding 10,000+ new accounts/day with that rate increasing every week, year over year. On the infrastructure side we do interesting work to support that scale and growth rate, working closely with developers to build and support our applications. In this role you will get the opportunity to define new standards and practices in coordination with our quality, development, security and infrastructure engineers. You will help measure, test, and improve the performance and capacity of our systems and the applications they support.
Applicants should have strong Linux experience, independent troubleshooting skills, and a love for systematically eking performance out of large systems. We are looking for someone that can consider the entire stack and focus on making it work as efficiently as possible, building new tools and approaches to doing so when necessary.
- Identify and help solve performance and availability problems in our applications
- Master our processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring, and performance and work with development teams to help them take advantage of those options
- Build, maintain, protect, and tune configuration in the customer-facing edge of our infrastructure
- Support deployed applications in production
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Strong drive to help our employees and customers
- Communication and customer service skills
- Scripting and coding (php, python, bash, go)
- Significant experience with Akamai or other edge infrastructure for content delivery and security
- Experience supporting and building large customer-facing web applications
- Knowledge of Linux, DNS, SSL, monitoring, and web application performance
Bonus points for:
- Experience specifically with PHP, Memcache, and MySQL, particularly if in large scale environments
- Experience with Puppet or other configuration management tools
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.