MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Accounting team at MailChimp is responsible for all accounting and financial operations for MailChimp, and we're looking for a results-oriented Financial Analyst to join the team.
This role will be responsible for modeling and analyzing financial performance to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management for decision-making purposes. Our ideal candidate has a strong balance of analytical and interpersonal skills, and must be able to effectively communicate about their work and their findings in a way that's meaningful to non-financial audiences.
- Design and create models to monitor and analyze financial performance, highlighting trends across key performance metrics and budgets
- Based on those analyses, provide accurate and timely recommendations to management and executive leadership for decision-making purposes
- Perform industry benchmarking and various ad hoc analyses
- Conceptualize and develop summary charts to communicate large amounts of data to colleagues, management, and executive leadership
- Five or more years of financial analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance (CPA, MBA, or CFA preferred)
- Love of Excel (including VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to collaborate with employees and management at all levels
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of accountability
- Bonus points for analysis experience in the technology, advertising, and/or marketing industries
- Bonus points for experience with SQL
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.