Senior Communications Strategist
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We’re looking for a Senior Communications Strategist to partner with MailChimp’s Communications team and senior leadership team on strategic communications initiatives. This is primarily an external communications position, with some overlap into employee communications and issues management. This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work under deadline and move quickly between projects. The ideal candidate has a pulse on issues impacting businesses and the technology industry today and into the future, is an avid news gatherer, and is a strategic thinker who loves working behind the scenes to make a big impact.
- Helping with strategy, planning, and creation of executive and leadership communications
- Researching and sourcing news for executive briefings
- Discovering and monitoring issues on social media and creating response strategies
- Supporting employees with social media guidelines and related questions
- Working with Marketing, PR, Legal, and other teams across the company on corporate responses and announcements
- Preparing remarks for company spokespeople
- 5-7+ years of strategic communications experience
- Experience with issues management or crisis management
- Portfolio of relevant writing samples or case studies/specific examples of strategic communication projects you have led
- Digital or social media marketing experience a plus
- Public speaking experience a plus
- Media training experience a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.