Manager, Project Management
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Manager of Project Management should demonstrate excellent leadership, proficient planning and organization skills, strong judgment and decision making, flexible, positive attitude, and be a strong problem solver. This role should be a natural coach and mentor to the team on all things project management while knowing how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally.
The Project Management Team facilitates communication, organization, and flow of the MailChimp application development process. We resolve difficult problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
- Interview and evaluate prospective project management talent and make effective hiring decisions
- Determine overall staffing requirements and balance workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department
- Ensure development plans and career paths are documented and understood
- Train, coach and mentor employees on project management methodologies
- Promote and execute on continuous improvement of project management related processes
- Deal constructively with change. Demonstrated history of mentoring staff through change
- Expert understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
- Expert understanding of the software development life cycle
- Expert understanding of agile and lean software concepts
- Extensive Project Management experience
- Experience directly supervising project management teams
- Expert level experience with and the ability to apply Agile and/or Lean methodologies
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills that are effective with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, presentation, facilitation and follow-through skills
- Proven track record in risk mitigation and escalation procedures
- Demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools
- Ability to coordinate cross functional work teams towards task completion
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly and lead others through those changes
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP)
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.