Customer Engagement Manager
Department: VIP Relations
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. Millions of people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send more than 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Business Development team within our Support department helps potential customers evaluate our service, offers guidance on account best practices, best-fit features and integrations, so customers can be successful immediately. The team connects with potential customers of varying levels of marketing experience and provides competitive insights as to why MailChimp is the best marketing automation tool for SMBs.
We’re looking for a personable, creative, sales trained yet non-salesperson to join our team.
You are an expert on quickly establishing relationships with potential customers virtually and in person, managing a team, and have a strong desire to use consumer and brand knowledge to develop strategies. You’ll actively collaborate with our Marketing, Research, and Support teams to develop insightful conclusions from customer interactions, and create more relevant connections between potential customers and our brand. Our team loves exploring Atlanta’s hidden gems and biking to work. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Manage and prioritize Business Development team response strategy
- Conduct performance reviews, create development plans, provide mentoring and training, and deliver ongoing performance feedback to direct reports
- Develop additional training and learning programs for your team as needed
- Craft insight-driven strategies to capitalize on opportunities for areas of growth and propose appropriate offerings
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive best fit customers to MailChimp
- Collaborate on examining customer’s path-to-purchase, across .com, ads, and social touchpoints; recommend strategies and tactics for Business Development Team’s reach
- Utilize strong understanding of SMB’s needs in conjunction with MailChimp’s capabilities to positively impact conversions
- Share customer insights internally and in external presentations
- Ensure the team has resources and information they need to be successful
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of MailChimp
- Proven sales, analytics and people skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; polished presenter
- Experience in business-to-business sales, specifically SMBs
- Skill in juggling multiple projects
- Attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability
- Self-starter who combines a high level of creativity and initiative with strong organizational skills
- Some travel required (up to 35%)
Bonus points for
- Zendesk experience
- Experience working with self-service SaaS solutions
- Knowledge of market and competitive landscape
- Working knowledge of MailChimp’s ad and e-commerce features
- Being multilingual in one or more major European languages
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters are in historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. This position will work from our office in the Means Street Historic District on Atlanta's Westside. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.