Event Marketing Specialist
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We are looking for an Event Marketing Specialist to join our marketing operations team and support the planning and execution of MailChimp events and sponsorships. The Event Marketing Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and executing aspects of sponsorship activations, conference and tradeshow exhibits, speaking opportunities, team travel logistics and educational hospitality events for partners.
We are looking for someone who has professional experience in corporate event planning with a background in B2B or consumer technology. The ideal candidate can manage multiple projects with a high level of detail and organization in a fast paced environment. This person is able to work independently, and can also contribute as a strong team member and collaborator. Willingness to travel and represent MailChimp at events while managing logistics onsite is a must.
- Support the planning and execution of sponsored tradeshows and conferences
- Oversee external agencies and vendors on the creation and logistics of event activations
- Facilitate the execution of sponsorship activations with event organizers
- Coordinate MailChimp educational hospitality events
- Oversee onsite logistics and staff MailChimp activations
- Manage components of large scale event activations
- Work on cross-functional teams to coordinate event components & communication
- Collaborate with internal Design and Brand teams on the creation of branding assets
- Work across departments to manage travel logistics and budget
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3-5 years experience in field marketing, event marketing, or event management
- Background in B2B or consumer technology preferred.
- Bonus points for working knowledge of MailChimp products.
- Bonus points for working fluency in a foreign language
- Proficient with Google’s G Suite, Microsoft Office, event and travel booking tools, and project management software
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once with flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities
- Strong team contributor and able to work independently
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.