MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp's Quality Assurance team works closely with the Product and Ops teams to help make sure we're delivering useful, working tools with every release. Analysts test new features and updates to MailChimp's products with an eye toward user experience, catching bugs and experimenting with how features can be used in real-world settings. And we’re looking for a QA Analyst to join the team.
This role will test new features and updates to MailChimp’s products with an eye toward user experience, catching bugs and experimenting with how features can be used in real-world settings. Our ideal candidate is creative, inquisitive, enthusiastic, and flexible. They must be an excellent communicator who’s able to manage multiple projects and priorities at once, and they should have an interest in how people use software to grow their small business.
What you’ll do:
- Work with web developers, designers, and product leads to stay up-to-date with MailChimp’s product roadmap and goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design, development, and release process
- Facilitate manual testing of MailChimp web and mobile applications
- Write user-focused test plans for product release
- Document features for testing teammates, support agents, and cross-functional groups
- Educate QA teammates on recently released features, experiments you’ve tried in testing, and upcoming releases
- Communicate testing success and sticking points to product leads during release process
- Create release notes for internal teams and collaborate with technical writers on end user documentation
- Investigate support tickets and user research for insight into day-to-day use of MailChimp, and integrate findings into testing
- Work with QA Test Engineers to identify areas of apps that benefit from automated testing and help prioritize the backlog of scripted tests
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are a strong writer and communicator that has the ability to work with technical and non-technical teams
- You are analytical and enjoy solving problems
- You have strong research skills, including the ability to understand user experience and fit it into testing
- You adapt easily to priorities on the fly based on emerging needs for users and development
- You are proficient in Google Apps or Microsoft Office
- You have familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, or a similar project management/ticketing systems
- You are familiar with browser development tools
- You are familiar with GitHub or other source control systems
- You have experience or interest in testing mobile applications
- You have interest in web and mobile automated testing
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.