Marketing Manager, Media
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Marketing team helps drive the MailChimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. Our Marketing Operations team helps to support the entire marketing organization and helps to ensure company and organizational goals are being met on a continual basis.
We're looking for a seasoned Marketing Manager, Media/Advertising to join our team. The ideal candidate is an advertising generalist who has managed large-scale digital campaigns across display, social, programmatic and video channels, but has also had experience with other media channels like broadcast, radio and podcasts. You’re an excellent communicator, collaborator and self-starter who is well versed in current and emerging digital marketing and advertising best practices. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an award-winning team and a leading global media agency to implement advertising programs and initiatives that grow Mailchimp’s customer base all over the world.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Marketing Operations to develop and execute MailChimp’s overall advertising strategy
- Work with the Marketing Leadership Team to secure necessary media and advertising approvals
- Recommend targeting and segmentation strategies for all advertising programs
- Develop briefs for upcoming initiatives
- Conduct regular meetings with outside vendors to evaluate media and advertising opportunities
- Maintain day-to-day contact with and management of outside media agency team
- Work with the Content Strategy, Brand and Product Marketing teams to ensure campaign messaging aligns with customer journey
- Partner with Brand Marketing team to identify, evaluate and execute first-to-market content and media opportunities
- Understand the MailChimp brand and its value to our customers, infusing that into all advertising programs
- Measure efficacy of display, social, programmatic and video advertising campaigns
- Regularly review agency reporting, making media recommendations and optimizations
- Collaborate with Marketing Analytics to develop benchmarks and KPIs for measuring program effectiveness
- Work with Marketing Analytics team to implement testing methodologies within all areas of advertising to improve performance
- Participate in marketing and design cross-functional planning cycle to ensure that advertising programs incorporate appropriate elements
- Coordinate with internal Design team and external creative and digital agencies to ensure assets are developed to spec, on time and in line with MailChimp’s brand guidelines.
- Traffic creative assets internally and to agency and publisher partners
- Coordinate with Accounting to reconcile campaign reporting and billing
- Stay informed of the latest trends in marketing and advertising
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive marketing and advertising experience
- Experience working with an outside media agency (client or agency side)
- Proficient with Google’s G Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience evaluating site direct advertising proposals
- Experience with programmatic advertising
- Familiarity with the Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter advertising platforms
- Exceptional communication, presentation and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, high growth environment
- Deep familiarity with the MailChimp brand and design standards
- Occasional travel (less than 10%)
- Global advertising or marketing experience
- Account management experience
- Experience in the technology, software or B2B space
- Experience with Doubleclick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Bid Manager and Google Analytics
- Experience working with a data management platform (DMP)
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.