Get the job done with a pro
From training to full-service marketing, our community of partners can help you make things happen.
Use Tag/Untag Actions
Customer Journey actions perform marketing or organizational tasks in your journey map. Use tag/untag actions to automate how you organize your contacts. We’ll automatically add or remove a tag from your contacts when they reach this action in your map.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use a tag/untag action.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To learn more about Customer Journeys, how they work, and what you can do with your plan, check out About Customer Journeys.
- Tag/untag actions add or remove a tag from a subscribed contact. To learn more about tags in Mailchimp, check out Getting Started with Tags.
- Our pre-built journey maps use default starting points, rules, and actions. To learn more, check out Use Pre-built Journey Maps.
Add a tag/untag action
The tag/untag action automatically adds or removes tags to help you organize your subscribers This is a great way to keep your audience up to date with the Customer Journey Builder.
To add a tag/untag action to a journey map, follow these steps.
- Hover over the plus icon (+) on the step where you want the rule to occur, then click Add a journey point.
- In the action panel, click Tag/Untag.
- In the Tag/Untag pop-up, use the Tag drop-down to choose which tag to work with. You can also create a new tag.
- Use the Action drop-down to choose whether to Add or Remove the tag.
- Click Save.
Well done! Repeat these steps to add additional tag actions in your Customer Journey as needed.