Get the job done with a pro
From training to full-service marketing, our community of partners can help you make things happen.
Use Time Delay Rules
Customer Journey rules determine a contact's pace and path in your journey map. Use time delay rules to set the pace for contacts in a journey map. A delay prevents a contact from continuing on a journey map for a period of time that you choose.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use a time delay rule.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To learn more about Customer Journeys, how they work, and what you can do with your plan, check out About Customer Journeys.
- Our pre-built journey maps use default starting points, along with default rules and actions. To learn more, check out Use Pre-built Journey Maps.
Add a time delay rule
Add time between actions in a journey map with a time delay rule. For example, add a delay between two emails so your contacts have time to interact with your marketing content.
To add a time delay rule to a journey map, follow these steps.
- Hover over the plus icon (+) on the step where you want the rule to occur, then click Add a journey point.
- In the action panel, click Time delay.
- In the Time Delay pop-up, set the length of the delay and click Save.
Well done! Repeat these steps to add additional time delay rules in your customer journey as needed.