Get the job done with a pro
From training to full-service marketing, our community of partners can help you make things happen.
Use Update Contact Actions
Copy Article URL
Customer Journey actions perform marketing or organizational tasks in your Journey map. Use update contact actions to update or delete data in a contact’s audience field. We’ll automatically update a contact’s field data when they reach this action in your map.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use update contact actions.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To learn more about Customer Journeys, how they work, and what you can do with your plan, check out About Customer Journeys.
- You can use update contact actions with existing Text, Number, Radio Button, Drop Down, Date, Website, and Image URL field types. To learn more about audience fields in Mailchimp, check out Manage Audience and Signup Form Fields.
- Our pre-built journey maps use default starting points, rules, and actions. To learn more, check out Use Pre-built Journey Maps.
Add an update contact action
To add an update contact action to a journey map, follow these steps.
- Hover over the plus icon (+) on the step where you want the rule to occur, then click Add a journey point.
- In the action panel, click Update contact.
- In the Update contact pop-up, click the Action drop-down and choose to Update or Delete a contact’s audience field data.
- Click the Audience field drop-down menu and choose which audience field to work with.
If you chose to update the audience field, add the new value in the Change to field.
- Click Save.
Well done! Repeat these steps to add additional update contact actions in your journey map as needed.