Use Mailchimp's transactional SMS options to give your customers convenience, confidence, and connection when doing business with you. Customers who book an appointment or purchase an item from your Mailchimp store can opt in to receive SMS confirmations and order notifications.
In this article, you’ll learn about Mailchimp’s Mailchimp’s transactional SMS.
Things to know
- This article covers transactional SMS exclusive to appointments and Mailchimp stores. If you want to send SMS marketing messages with Mailchimp, check out About SMS Marketing with Mailchimp to learn more.
- Before you can enable SMS order notifications, you’ll first need to create your Mailchimp store and add a product. To learn more, check out Create Your Mailchimp Store.
- If you’d like to send confirmation text messages about a service, you’ll first need to create appointments that your contacts can schedule with you. To learn more, check out About Mailchimp Appointment Scheduling.
- If tracking information is available for the purchase, it will be included in the SMS text message sent to your customer once their order has shipped.
- Transactional SMS is available to all Mailchimp customers in the United States.
How it works
SMS, Short Message Service, is most commonly used to send text messages to mobile phones. Mailchimp’s transactional SMS is compatible with appointments and stores and, unlike email notifications that send by default, SMS notifications send only to customers who opt in.
If you offer appointments or manage a store, you can enable SMS notifications to send your customers automated text messages. When enabled, your customers will see the option to sign up to receive confirmation messages or order notifications after they book a service or purchase an item.
Your customers can reply to a text with ‘help’ for more information or ‘stop’ to unsubscribe from future Mailchimp SMS messages.
SMS for appointments
When a customer books an appointment, they can opt in to receive an SMS message that confirms the service. The confirmation text message includes appointment details, and customers can opt out at any time.
For instructions on how to set up SMS for appointments, check out Use Mailchimp Appointment Scheduling.
SMS for stores
When a customer purchases an item from your Mailchimp store, they can opt in to receive SMS order notifications on the Order Confirmation page. Customers will receive a text message when their order has been received and when their order has shipped.
To learn how to enable SMS for your Mailchimp store, check out Manage Your Mailchimp Store Settings.