Use Mailchimp to get your contacts to your website, store, or landing page. You can also share audio or video files, images, documents, or spreadsheets with your contacts. Add links to your email campaign and use click tracking to see who clicks on them.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use the link tool to add a link to your email campaign in the new and classic builder.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- We support mailto:, HTTP, and HTTPS protocols to create links within a campaign. File Transfer Protocol (FTP) links or mobile deep links aren't supported.
- Merge tag links, such as *|ARCHIVE|* or *|UPDATE_PROFILE|*, can’t be tracked in click reports.
- Mailto: links go to an email program instead of a webpage, so they can't be tracked as clicks in your campaign reports.
- Include only one email address when using mailto: links.
- Use a full URL for best results. Shortened links can trigger spam filters.