You can embed a MailChimp list signup form on any page of your website. Customize the form to support your brand, or combine it with special offers to attract new subscribers and boost engagement.
In this article, you'll learn how to add an embedded form to your site, and which third-party websites accept MailChimp forms.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Use the Form Builderto modify your signup form and response emails before you generate the embedded form code.
- There are four embedded signup form design options: Classic, Super Slim, Horizontal, and Naked. To match your form's visual elements to the exact design of your website, you'll need to modify the form code after you add it to your site.
- Embedded forms inherit your website's style sheet, so the form may look different in MailChimp than it does on your website.
- If your site uses SSL encryption, our embedded and pop-up forms will support it.
- To prevent fake signups, you can enable reCAPTCHA confirmation to your form in your list’s settings.
- This is an advanced feature and is recommended for users familiar with custom coding. Contact your developer, or hire a MailChimp Expert if you need assistance.
Generate Embedded Form Code
To get the form code to add to your site, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Signup forms.
- Select Embedded forms.
- Choose a form type— Classic , Super Slim , Horizontal , or Naked —and customize the Form Options.
- Highlight all the code in the Copy/paste onto your site field and copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste the embed form code into your website's HTML where you want the form to appear.
The Form Builder offers four types of forms: Classic, Horizontal, Super Slim, and Naked. Classic forms look the most like hosted MailChimp signup forms, Super Slim forms are great for a sidebar on your website, Horizontal forms work well as footers, and a Naked form has no defined styles.
In the Form Builder, you'll find Form Options for each, like whether to show, hide, or customize the form title. To help protect your list from spambot signups, enable reCAPTCHA in your list settings.
Super Slim Form
The Super Slim form only includes an email address field. You can customize the title and width of the Super Slim form. If your list has required fields other than the email address, or if you want more customization options, use one of the other form options.
The Horizontal form is similar to the Super Slim form and only includes an email address field. Choose whether to include the title, or customize it.
The Classic form offers more traditional signup form fields, and allows you to customize additional fields and options, including form title and width, visible and required fields, groups, and other format options.
MailChimp also offers a pop-up signup form. Create your signup form and set pop-up parameters that trigger your form to display in a pop-up modal after someone visits your website.
Add Form to Third-Party Website
Many third-party website platforms make it easy to embed MailChimp signup forms. Check your website provider's support page for guidance if your platform isn't listed here.