Millions of people log in to Facebook every day. With Mailchimp’s Facebook integration, you can use that traffic to your advantage. Add a signup form to your Facebook Page so your visitors can quickly subscribe to your email marketing.
In this article, you'll learn how to add or remove a signup form on your Facebook Page.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Only the Admin of a Page can add a signup form. Learn more about Pages and profiles.
- You'll need to set up the Facebook integration in Mailchimp before you can add a signup form to your Page.
- Signup forms appear as a tab on the desktop version of Facebook, and aren't accessible from Facebook's mobile app.
- The Facebook signup form works just like your Mailchimp hosted signup form. When someone fills out the form, we’ll add them to your Mailchimp audience as a subscribed contact. If you’d like to make changes to the form fields or images, log in to your Mailchimp account and use the Form Builder to edit the signup form for your audience.
Example signup form
Visitors will access your signup form through the signup tab. This tab will appear under your cover photo and in the left column of your Facebook Page. If you have a lot of tabs in the left column, you may want to reorder them so your visitors don’t miss it.
Here’s an example of what a Mailchimp signup form could look like on your Facebook Page. You can customize the form to include different fields, and design it with your logo or other images.
Add a form to your Facebook Page
You can add a Mailchimp signup form to any of your Facebook Fan or Business Pages. If you have multiple Pages, you can connect each Page to a different audience.
To add a form to your Facebook Page, follow these steps.
Click the Integrations icon.
Click the Facebook listing to open the integration details.
- Click Connect if you haven’t connected your Facebook account.
- Click the Page to use drop-down menu, and choose the Facebook Page where you want your signup form to appear.
- Click the Audience to use drop-down menu, and choose the audience where you want to add your Facebook subscribers. You can change which audience to use at any time.
- Click yes under Use signup form tab.
- Click the Form theme drop-down menu, and choose a form style. To use the design from your Mailchimp-hosted signup form, choose My Audience's Theme (default). To use Facebook’s look and design, choose Facebook-esque. You can edit your form theme at any time.
- Type a name in the Tab label field. This is the label your subscribers will click to access your form. If you leave this field blank, the tab label will default to “Email Signup.” The tab label can be changed anytime.
- Click Save.
Repeat this process for all Facebook Pages that need a signup form.
Remove a signup form
You can remove your signup form from Facebook at any time without disconnecting your Facebook integration.
To remove a Mailchimp signup form on your Facebook Page, follow these steps.
- Click the Integrations icon.
- Click Facebook.
- Click the Page to use drop-down menu, and choose the Facebook Page you want to work with.
- Click the Audience to use drop-down menu, and choose no audience connected.
- Click Save.
- Refresh your Facebook Page to verify the form tab has disappeared.
Repeat this process for any other Facebook Pages you want to edit. If you’d like to remove the integration, disconnect Facebook from your Mailchimp account.