After you connect your online store to MailChimp, we'll track your subscribers' purchases so you can recommend products based on their purchase activity. Insert a Product Recommendation content block or use merge tags in any campaign or automation to encourage repeat purchases at your online store.
In this article, you'll learn how to include Product Recommendations in a campaign.
Before You Start
- Product Recommendations are available to users who connect a supported e-commerce store or custom API 3.0 integration. To find out if your store supports this feature, visit the Connected Sites page.
- You'll need to connect your store with MailChimp and turn on e-commerce link tracking before we can generate recommendations for your subscribers. Custom API 3.0 integration users may have to wait up to 7 days after a store is connected before recommendations are generated.
- To generate recommendations, your connected store must meet certain purchase data requirements. If a store doesn't have enough purchase data, or a subscriber hasn't made a purchase yet, we'll display your store's top sellers instead. To learn more, take a look at our About Product Recommendations article.
- Product Recommendation merge tags are recommended for users familiar with custom coding. Contact your developer, or hire a MailChimp Expert if you need assistance.
Insert a Product Recommendation Content Block
The simplest way to recommend products to your subscribers is to insert a Product Recommendation content block in your campaign. These flexible blocks can pull a product's title, price, and image into your campaign, and can be combined to promote up to 10 products. To encourage subscribers to make a purchase, include a button in your block that links to each product's page in your online store.
- Product images and titles are pulled directly from your online store, and can sometimes be too large or too small for your campaign template. We recommend that you thoroughly preview and test your merge tags to ensure that they display as expected.
- Image URL and Product URL merge tags do not generate a product image or clickable link. They only present the URL text. You can combine these tags to create a clickable image in your campaign. Open the source code and input an tag. Place the *|PRODUCT:URL|* merge tag in the "href" value and use the *|PRODUCT:IMAGE_URL|* merge tag in the "src" value.