To learn more about how sets of subscribers interact with your campaigns, try Mailchimp Pro's powerful segmentation tool for Comparative Reports. You'll use data from your list to filter certain types of subscribers, and generate reports that show you their engagement with your campaigns over time.
Comparative Reports and segmenting tools are included with Mailchimp Pro, which is available to add on to any pricing plan. In this article, you'll learn how to add complex segments to a Comparative Report.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
Add Segments to a Comparative Report
To add segments to a Comparative Report, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Reports page.
- Click the Comparative tab.
- Find the report you want to work with and click Edit Report or Finalize Report. If you haven't finished building your report yet, you'll need to work up to the Report Preview page before you can add segments.
- From the Report Preview page, click Add Segment to report under the Results heading. You can add up to four segments per report.
- On the Segment your report screen, name your segment.
- On the top-level group, click the Any drop-down menu and choose whether subscribers need to meet any or all of the conditions of the groups in your segment.
- Click Add to add a condition to the top-level group.
- Click Email Address, and use the drop-down menus to replace the default criteria with the criteria you want to use for your condition. Your condition will save automatically.
Condition text boxes work like tags and can be assigned their own any/all logic. In this example, we use Any logic to segment subscriber who live in Iowa or Wisconsin using a single condition.
- To add more conditions to the top-level group, click Add. To add additional condition groups, click Add group.
As you build your segment, click Refresh Count at the top of the page to see the number of subscribers that match your current conditions. To delete individual conditions, click Remove next to the condition you want to delete. To delete a group of conditions, click Remove all next to the group you want to delete.
- When you're done, click Add Segment To Report.
Your segments will display under the Baseline on your Report Preview. To delete a segment, click the gray X icon to the left of the segment.