Automatically post to Instagram when you send an email, so you can coordinate your marketing efforts and save time. Include content from your campaign, store, or website, or share a new image for your Instagram followers to enjoy.
In this article, you'll learn how to set your email campaign to auto-post to Instagram.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Make sure you’ve connected Mailchimp to a Facebook Page that’s tied to an Instagram business account. To learn more, check out Connect or Disconnect Facebook and Add Instagram to Your Facebook Page.
- This feature is available for regular email campaigns only.
- Unlike Facebook or Twitter auto-posts, Instagram auto-posts require an image.
Auto-Post to Instagram
Choose an image and caption for your auto-post, and we’ll add it to your Instagram feed when you send your email.
To auto-post to Instagram, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page of your account.
- Click the draft email campaign you want to work with.
- Scroll to the Add A Social Post To Your Campaign section of the Campaign Builder.
- Toggle the Instagram slider to the check mark.
- Click the Select profile drop-down menu to choose the Instagram account where you want to auto-post your image.
- In the field provided, edit the auto-post message. This will appear as the caption for your image.
This field supports both hashtags and @ mentions, and can include up to 2,200 characters. We recommend you not add URLs, as it’s not possible to click or copy a URL in an Instagram caption.
- Click Add Image launch the Content Manager and choose an image to display in your auto-post.
Here are some things to know when you choose your image.
- You can auto-post only one image at a time to Instagram.
- Your image must be at least 150x150px and have an aspect ratio of 4:5 to 1.91:1.
- The maximum file size is 8MB.
- Animated GIFs will display as static images.
- Click Save Message.
When you send your email campaign, we’ll automatically post your image and caption to your Instagram feed.
Other Auto-Post Options
You can also set your email campaign to auto-post to Facebook or Twitter. Here are some resources to help you get started.