Looking for help with your list?
Mailchimp lists are now called audiences. They include the same data and functionality as before, along with valuable new insights about your contacts. As we introduce this change over time, you’ll notice fewer places where we still say list. Learn more about this change.
Automatically post to Instagram when you send an email, so you can coordinate your marketing efforts and save time. Include content from your campaign, store, or website, or share a new image for your Instagram followers to enjoy.
In this article, you'll learn how to set your email campaign to auto-post to Instagram.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Make sure you’ve connected Mailchimp to a Facebook Page that’s tied to an Instagram business account. To learn more, check out Connect or Disconnect Facebook and Add Instagram to Your Facebook Page.
- This feature is available for regular email campaigns only.
- Unlike Facebook or Twitter auto-posts, Instagram auto-posts require an image.
- If you want to post to Instagram without sending an email campaign, try a social post.
Auto-Post to Instagram
Choose an image and caption for your auto-post, and we’ll add it to your Instagram feed when you send your email.
To auto-post to Instagram, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page of your account.
- Click the draft email campaign you want to work with.
- Scroll to the Add A Social Post To Your Campaign section of the Campaign Builder.
- Toggle the Instagram slider to the check mark.
- Click the Select profile drop-down menu to choose the Instagram account where you want to auto-post your image.
- In the field provided, edit the auto-post message. This will appear as the caption for your image.
This field supports both hashtags and @ mentions, and can include up to 2,200 characters. We recommend you not add URLs, as it’s not possible to click or copy a URL in an Instagram caption.
- Click Add Image launch the Content Studio and choose an image to display in your auto-post.
Here are some things to know when you choose your image.
- You can auto-post only one image at a time to Instagram.
- Your image must be at least 150x150px and have an aspect ratio of 4:5 to 1.91:1.
- The maximum file size is 8MB.
- Animated GIFs will display as static images.
- Click Save Message.
When you send your email campaign, we’ll automatically post your image and caption to your Instagram feed.
Other Auto-Post Options
You can also set your email campaign to auto-post to Facebook or Twitter. Here are some resources to help you get started.