If your Facebook or Instagram ad performs well, you may want to extend its runtime or increase its reach. To do this, try adding a few extra dollars to your budget.
In this article, you'll learn how to increase your ad budget to extend your Facebook or Instagram ad.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Only Facebook and Instagram ads that are currently published and active are eligible for budget increases.
- To be eligible for extension, an ad must be within 3 days of the end date. It also must be close to exhausting the budget (within $100 or less).
- If you want to increase the budget of a paused ad, you'll need to resume it first.
Increase Your Ad Budget
To increase the budget of a Facebook or Instagram ad, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page, and click View Report next to the ad you want to work with.
- Click Increase budget.
We'll take you to the Budget step of the Ad Builder.
- In the Additional budget field, type in the amount you want to add.
There's a $5.00 minimum for budget increases.
- Use the Extend duration drop-down menu to choose how long you want to extend your ad.
This keeps your original duration and applies your extra budget to display your ad more often.
This extends your ad's run by one extra week.
This extends your ad's run an extra two weeks.
This extends your ad's run by an extra month.
Specific end date
This extends your ad's run until it reaches a date you choose.
- After you set your new budget and duration, click Continue.
- In the pop-up modal, review your budget and click Confirm.
Now you're done! Your budget increase will be applied to the ad, and you'll receive a receipt via email.
After you increase your budget, we'll make a note on your Facebook or Instagram ad report so you can monitor performance before and after the budget boost.