Looking for help with your list?
Mailchimp lists are now called audiences. They include the same data and functionality as before, along with valuable new insights about your contacts. As we introduce this change over time, you’ll notice fewer places where we still say list. Learn more about this change.
Social media ads can be about more than just selling products. Link your ad to your Mailchimp signup form to grow your list and find new audiences who are interested in your business or service.
In this article, you'll learn how to create an ad to promote your Mailchimp email marketing signup form.
Before You Start
- A Mailchimp ad starts at $5.00 per day, and you can choose to run it on Facebook, Instagram, or both.
Create an Ad for Your Signup Form
Instead of a click-through link to a product or store, you'll link the ad to your email marketing signup form. First, copy your email marketing signup form URL. Then, proceed to the Ad Builder in your account to create and submit your ad.
To create an ad to boost email marketing signups, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Signup forms.
- Click Select next to General forms.
- Copy the Signup form URL and save it.
- Follow the steps in the tutorial, Create an Ad, to build your ad.
- In the Content section of the Ad Builder, you'll fill in each section with content that encourages viewers to join your list.
- In the Link to field, add your Signup form URL.
- In the Button drop-down, choose Subscribe or Sign up as the button label for your ad.
- Continue through the Ad Builder, and submit your ad.
After your ad is purchased, submitted, and approved, we'll display it on social media so it can collect new signups for your list.
Build a segment to track how many people sign up from your ad. If you want to build a segment of these subscribers, their signup source will always say "Hosted Form," as it does for anywhere your hosted form is shared. To get a more accurate segment, try adding criteria that specifies the date your ad ran.