If you receive a compliance alert on your Lists or Campaigns page, or in the Campaign Builder, you may need to export and remove certain email addresses.
In this article, you'll learn how to export and remove non-compliant contacts from your list.
Before You Start
- Mailchimp tracks hard bounces, abuse complaints, and unsubscribe rates for every campaign each user sends. If you've received an alert from our Compliance Team to remove some addresses from your list, it's because our system detected one of these rates that was above an industry threshold for bulk email sending.
- We've disabled sending to this list to prevent any additional negative campaign activity that could impact Mailchimp's ability to deliver emails.
- Only the non-compliant list is affected. You can still send campaigns to compliant lists in your account, create new lists and signup forms, and view and manage new contacts.
- After you complete this process, we'll re-enable sending to your list.
Export and Remove Addresses
To export and remove addresses from your list, follow these steps.
- From the compliance alert, click Export And Remove Addresses.
- Click export these addresses to export a CSV file of the non-compliant addresses.
- Click Remove Addresses.
- In the Are you sure? pop-up modal, click Confirm.