To reach people on social media, you can share your new email marketing campaigns on Facebook. Enable the auto-post option in the Campaign Builder, and we'll automatically share a link to your campaign on the Facebook page you manage. Anyone who clicks the link can view your campaign, even if they aren't subscribed to your list.
In this article, you'll learn how to set your campaigns to auto-post to Facebook when you send to your subscribers.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To auto-post an email campaign to Facebook, you'll need to integrate Facebook with your MailChimp account and manage at least one Facebook page.
- To learn about other ways to share your email campaign, including after you send, read Share a Sent Email Campaign.
- Auto-post to Facebook is available for regular, plain-text, or RSS campaign types only.
- Auto-posts pull in subject lines as additional text by default. If you plan to auto-post your campaign, we recommend you avoid using merge tags in your subject line, as they will not display correctly on Facebook.
- To learn how auto-posts interact with Social Cards, read Enable and Customize Social Cards.
Auto-Post to Facebook
To auto-post your new email campaign to Facebook at the same time you send, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Share your campaign section of the Campaign Builder.
- Toggle the Facebook slider to a green checkmark.
- Click the Select pages drop-down menu to choose the Facebook page where you want to post your campaign URL.
- In the field provided, edit the message you want to include with your post.
Do not delete the *|URL|* merge tag. This merge tag populates with the campaign URL for your sent campaign.
- Click Add Photos to choose 1-4 images to display in your auto-post. Animated GIFs will display as static images. If you want a Social Card to display with your auto-post, skip this step.
- Click Save Message.
When you send your email campaign, we’ll automatically post the message to your Facebook page.