Before you can access retargeting ads, you'll need to install the latest version of your e-commerce integration or plugin. This process adds Google's remarketing code to your store so we can build ads for you. The steps you take to update your integration will vary depending on the type of store you have.
In this article, you'll learn how to update your e-commerce integration to so you can access retargeting.
MailChimp's new retargeting ads require the latest version of MailChimp for Shopify. You can update the integration from the Connected Sites page in your MailChimp account.
To update MailChimp for Shopify, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name and choose Connected Sites.
- Locate the connected Shopify site you want to work with.
- If you need to update MailChimp for Shopify, you'll see a yellow warning at the top of the screen.
- Click Update Now.
- Follow the prompts to log into Shopify, and we'll do the rest.
After MailChimp for Shopify is updated, we'll take you back to your MailChimp account so you can start your retargeting ad.
You'll need MailChimp for WooCommerce plugin version 2.0.1 and later to use retargeting ads.
To update your MailChimp for WooCommerce plugin, follow these steps.
- Log in to your WordPress Administration Screen.
- In the left navigation panel, click Plugins , and choose Installed Plugins.
- Scroll to locate MailChimp for WooCommerce.
- Click update now , and complete the installation.
After the plugin is updated, you'll be ready for retargeting.
Retargeting ads require MailChimp for BigCommerce version 2.0 or later.
To update your BigCommerce connection, follow these steps.
- Log in to your BigCommerce store.
- In the left navigation panel, click Apps.
- Click MailChimp.
- Click Confirm when MailChimp requests access to update your BigCommerce store.
- Follow the prompts to connect your store to MailChimp.
- On the Installation Scripts screen, follow the prompts to add the script to your store’s HTML files.
If you need assistance, contact your developer or store admin.
- After you’ve added the script, click Validate Script Installation.
That’s it! After the update, you’ll be all set to create retargeting ads.
You'll need MailChimp for PrestaShop version 1.0.3 and later to use retargeting ads. To update MailChimp for Prestashop, follow these steps.
- Log in to your PrestaShop back office.
- In the left navigation menu, click Modules and Services.
- In the Modules List , find the MailChimp module and click Update it!
After MailChimp for PrestaShop is updated, you’ll be ready to create retargeting ads.
Retargeting ads require MailChimp for Magento 1, versions 1.1.7 or later.
To update MailChimp for Magento, please contact your Magento developer and install the integration with the steps outlined in this tutorial.
After MailChimp for Magento is updated, you'll be ready to set up retargeting ads.
Retargeting ads are compatible with MailChimp for Magento 2. After you install the integration, you're all set.
Don’t see your store listed? Learn how you can connect any website to MailChimp for retargeting.
After you've updated your e-commerce integration or plugin, you're ready to create your first Google ads!