Customer Journey rules determine a contact's pace and path in your journey map. Use 50/50 split rules to divide your contacts into two separate journey paths and try out different marketing experiences for your audience. We’ll randomly split your contacts into paths ‘A’ or ‘B’ when they reach this rule in your map.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use a 50/50 split rule.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- 50/50 split rules are branching points, and require a Standard marketing plan or higher. To find out what features are included in each of our Marketing plans, check out our pricing page.
- When you add a 50/50 split rule, one path will have one additional contact if there's an uneven number of contacts in your journey map.
- To learn more about Customer Journeys, how they work, and what you can do with your plan, check out About Customer Journeys.
- Our pre-built journey maps use default starting points, rules, and actions. To learn more, check out Use Pre-Built Journey Maps.
Add a 50/50 split rule
To add a 50/50 split rule to a journey map, follow these steps.
- Hover over the plus icon (+) on the step where you want the split to occur, then click Add a journey point.
- In the action panel, click 50/50 split.