If you’ve designed a 1 column email with the classic builder, you can use it with the new builder. When you use a classic email in the new email builder, we'll try to pull your previous design into your new layout.
In this article, you'll learn how to use classic emails in the new builder.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This article shows you how to use recently sent and draft emails designed in the classic builder in the new builder. For more information on each email builder and their content blocks, check out About Mailchimp’s Email Builders.
- We’ll try to bring as much content from your classic email as possible to the new builder. However, your design may appear just a bit differently. Some heading styles, section styles, mobile styles, and inline text styles from classic emails won’t apply to designs in the new builder.
- Promo code and share content blocks aren’t available in the new builder, so those block types won’t appear after you move your classic email.
- Only 1 column classic emails are available to use in the new builder.
Choose a classic email in the new builder
Recently sent and draft classic emails will appear in the Emails tab of the Templates sidebar.
To choose a classic email in the new builder, follow these steps.
- Click Templates.
- Click the Emails tab, then use the drop-down to view Recently sent emails or Draft emails.
We’ll only display your classic emails that use a 1 column template type.
- When you’re ready, click Apply.
We’ll bring as much content as we can from your classic email to the new builder. For more information on the new builder, check out Design an Email with the New Builder.