Use Facebook Pixel to track people who visit your landing page and then show them Facebook ads. This is a great way to remind landing page visitors of your brand, and helps make sure your Facebook ads are shown to the most relevant people.
In this article, you’ll learn how to add Facebook Pixel to your landing page.
Here are a few things to know before you start.
- Depending on what laws are applicable to your business, you may be required to notify your page visitors about tracking and allow them to opt out. For more information about how your page visitors can opt-out of Track with Facebook, take a look at Facebook’s Cookies & Other Storage Technologies policy.
- You can update tracking on draft, published, and unpublished landing pages.
- You’ll need to choose your tracking settings for each new landing page you create.
How It Works
If you’ve already created a Facebook Ad in MailChimp, all you’ll need to do to is check the Track with Facebook Pixel box to turn it on.
If you’ve created an ad in your Facebook account, you can copy and paste a Pixel ID on to your landing page.
Read on to learn how to find a Pixel ID.
Find an Existing Facebook Pixel ID
To use an existing Pixel ID, you’ll need to retrieve a it from your Facebook account and add it to your landing page.
To find your Pixel ID, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Business Settings tab in your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Click Data Sources.
- Click Pixels.
- In the Pixels column, find the name of the pixel you want to work with.
Read on to learn how you’ll add Facebook Pixel to your landing page.
Add Facebook Pixel to a Landing Page
To add a Facebook Pixel to a landing page, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page in your account.
- Click the name of the landing page you want to work with. If your landing page is already published, click the drop-down menu and choose Edit and skip to step 4.
- In the editor, design your content and click Save and Continue.
- Scroll to the Settings & Tracking section and click Edit.
- Click Accept to confirm you agree to our additional terms. You’ll only need to accept the terms once.
- Click the box next to Track with Facebook Pixel.
- If you’ve previously created an ad with MailChimp, skip to step 8. If you want to use a Facebook Pixel ID you created outside of MailChimp, click Use an existing Pixel ID and enter the ID into the Facebook Pixel ID field.
- Click Save.
Other Tracking Options
Here are some other ways you can add tracking to your landing pages.
- Track with MailChimp Use our Track with MailChimp option to collect information about unique visitors and new signups in your landing page report. To learn more, take a look at our article about how to add MailChimp tracking to a landing page.
- Google Analytics Use Google Analytics on your landing page to better understand your visitors with more detailed analytics. You’ll need a Google Analytics account to get started. To learn more, check out our article about how to use Google Analytics on your landing page.