Google Analytics is a free analytics tool that gathers data about traffic on your site. You can use Google Analytics on a landing page to collect more detailed analytics and better understand your page visitors. In this article, you’ll learn how to add Google Analytics tracking to your landing page.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to know before you start.
- Depending on what laws are applicable to your business, you may be required to notify your page visitors about tracking and allow them to opt out. For more information about how your page visitors can opt-out of Track with Google Analytics, take a look at Google’s help articles about data privacy and security.
- You can update tracking on both draft, published, and unpublished landing pages.
- You’ll need to choose your tracking settings for each new landing page you create.
How It Works
With Google Analytics on your landing page, you can collect information about page views and view the data in your Google Analytics account. To add Google Analytics tracking to your landing page, you’ll need to input your ID in the Settings & Tracking section of the landing page builder. You can add Google Analytics tracking to a landing page at any time, even if it’s already published.
After you’ve turned on tracking, we’ll gather data about page views as people visit your published page and send it to your Google Analytics account. To learn more about how to find data collected from your MailChimp landing pages, take a look at our article Find MailChimp campaigns in Google Analytics.
Find Your Google Analytics ID
You can find your Google Analytics ID on the Admin page of your Google Analytics account. If you don’t have an an account, you’ll need to set one up. For step-by-step instructions to find your tracking ID, visit the Google Analytics Help center.
Track with Google Analytics
To add Google Analytics tracking to a landing page, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page in your account.
- Click the name of the landing page you want to work with. If your landing page is already published, click the drop-down menu and choose Edit and skip to step 4.
- In the editor, design your content and click Save and Continue.
- Scroll to the Settings & Tracking section and click Edit.
- Click Accept to confirm you agree to our additional terms. You’ll only need to accept the terms once.
![Accept the additional terms and conditions.]
- Click the box next to Track with Google Analytics and insert your ID into the Google Analytics ID field.
- Click Save.
All set! As soon as you publish, we'll start gathering data as people visit and interact with your page on the web. You can view data about your landing page in your Google Analytics account.
Other Tracking Options
Here are some other ways you can add tracking to your landing pages.
- Track with MailChimp Use our Track with MailChimp option to collect information about unique visitors and new signups in your landing page report. To learn more, take a look at our article about how to add MailChimp tracking to a landing page.
- Facebook Pixel With the Facebook Pixel, you can gather data to build Facebook ads more likely to retarget and convert people who view your landing page. To learn how to set it up, check out our article about how to use Facebook Pixel on your landing page.