Use Layout content blocks to add a section to your email campaign that includes multiple text or image blocks. After you add or click a Layout block, choose from a selection of layout types. For example, you can add an image with a caption and button, or you can add a row of images.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use Layout content blocks in the new email builder.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This article tells you how to use Layout content blocks for the new builder. For more information on similar content blocks in the classic builder, check out articles on Image Group, Image Card, and Image + Text content blocks.
- Layout blocks are made up of a combination of other content block types. To learn more, check out our articles on Heading, Paragraph, Button, and Image blocks.
For more information on each email builder and their content blocks, check out About Mailchimp's Email Builders.
Use Layout content blocks to your email
To use a Layout content block, follow these steps.
- Click a Layout block, or click and drag a Layout block into your layout from the side panel.
- If you need to change the layout of an existing block, first click Change layout.
- In the Add Layout menu, click Text, Text & Image, or Image Gallery to choose your desired layout.
- Click an option to add it to your email.
- Click the individual text, button, or image blocks in the Layout to access their editing options. Each section of a Layout block matches the editing options for the Heading, Paragraph, Button, and Image blocks.
- In the menu, choose your Layout Background color and adjust the block Padding.
Enable Dynamic Content
When you design an email, you can turn any content block into Dynamic Content that displays only for certain recipients. This helps target different types of subscribers at the same time with a single email.
To learn more about Dynamic Content and how to enable it in your content block, check out About Dynamic Content.