Data Infrastructure Engineer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Engineering Operations team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data Research teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our stacks; we use tried and true components and build our own logic and complexity on top of well understood building blocks. We are growing fast and need people who can help advance our infrastructure to take care of with the needs of today and tomorrow.
As a part of the Search Engineering team, you’ll join us in maintaining, growing, and improving our search and logging infrastructure. Together we’ll provide our internal customers with highly available and approachable data pipelines and discovery tools. We’ll enable Mailchimp’s understanding of business-critical processes and support the tools that Mailchimp’s customers use to find and fine-tune their audiences.
While furthering this mission, you’ll relish the challenge of troubleshooting production issues, and you’ll seek creative long term strategies that improve everyone's experience with our infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- You will assist the team on designing and developing a scalable real-time data infrastructure using components like Kafka, Elasticsearch and Spark
- You’ll share in the on-call rotation to ensure the data always flows smoothly
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You’re naturally curious with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- You’ve written APIs, tools, and scripts (ex. Bash, Python, or Golang)
- You’ve got a good grasp of Linux administration
Bonus points if:
- You have hands-on experience supporting and scaling Elasticsearch infrastructure
- You’ve worked with Puppet profiles, roles, and other patterns
- You know your way around Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- You’re familiar with Kubernetes, Docker or other containerization technology
- You’ve complimented your Elasticsearch experience with Kibana, Logstash, Kafka, or RabbitMQ
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a small but growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.