Internal Support Communications Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Customer Support team is the largest department in the company. We work around the clock to help users all over the world via chat and email support. The Support Operations team works to support our technicians with the tools and resources they need to help our users succeed. As part of Support Operations, the Support Communications team ensures that employees are aware of changes and projects within the department and company and properly equipped to support those changes.
The Internal Support Communications Manager shapes and communicates the strategic direction of the Customer Support Communications team and Process Management team. You will be responsible for managing and guiding departmental change by developing new communication strategies, improving and enhancing existing strategies, and identifying areas of opportunity to improve process. You will build relationships within the company to enhance Support change management within the context of company goals and initiatives and help in developing frameworks to streamline and standardize departmental communication and process. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Creating, implementing, and overseeing internal communications to keep departmental members informed
- Developing an internal communication and process strategy to help manage and guide change
- Ability to work and effectively communicate at all different levels of the organization
- Understanding of the company’s goals and values
- Attracting and building a team of experienced communication coordinators
- Developing frameworks to advise teams on effective internal communication
- Developing relationships with departments and brands across the organization
- Scaling the communication of company goals and culture as we grow
- Leading improvements on existing communication channels and tools
- Experience working within a communications team, preferably within an operations environment
- Experience managing a team of communication specialists
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization
- Experience writing in a customer service capacity
- Two writing samples or documents from a previous role that show how you simplify complex content
- Bonus points for previous experience in a technical support or customer service role
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.