Content Marketing SEO Intern Summer 2019
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 5 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 20th or June 10th
The marketing ops team are the doers in the marketing department. The can assess the viability of a campaign, provide strategic insight and planning logistics, and ultimately execute the marketing technology needed to achieve optimal results.
We’re looking for a candidate with strong copywriting or journalism/pr skills who can create in-depth web content, optimize it, market it, and analyze the results. They would be responsible for writing content for our website, pushing it through content review cycles, marketing it to relevant web properties, and ultimately analyzing the impact to traffic and conversion.
What you’ll do:
- Produce deadline driven deliverables
- Create a digital marketing library for the marketing team, cataloguing images, videos, and other digital assets
- Analytics tracking and reporting
- Assists in the writing, editing, and proofreading of marketing content, including blog posts, web pages
- Optimize and resize digital graphics
- Assignments as requested by the content and web ops team
- Outreach and relationship building with other relevant web properties
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 1+ year of web content writing experience, B2B blogging, and/or website copywriting
- Familiarity with basic SEO is a plus
- A playful outlook on marketing
- Journalism, or PR experience and understand the core concepts of content marketing (beyond social) and their impact on organic traffic to websites or software
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.